Friday, April 9, 2010

Sims?

So it's true what they say. "The Sims" is quite the addiction.
I feel weird playing it. It's like I should be dealing with my own life, but instead, I'm hiding behind the screen, taking care of a version of me that doesn't even exist. But when I think about it, the sims obsession that many people has strongly ties to my last post. The Sims is a place where you can live recklessly, and take chances that you would never dare to think in real life. There are no reprecussions for what you do in these places. Just laughs. It's simply fun. How often do you get to day that about your life?
In life, it's hard to think of the one thing you want to do. "What do you wanna be when you grow up?" is a much more complicated question than you would think. Everyone wants a place where they can do everything and anything, and not worry. Not worry about how happy you'll be waking up at five in the morning. It's a funny kinda life.

11 comments:

  1. ...and yet? There are about 17 BETTER life simulations than the one named just that.

    Sorry. The gamer in me, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh indeed! Mind requesting one? I'm getting sick of the Sims demanding an entire computer for itself just to have enough memory to brush my sim's teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, most of them are cheesy as hell or...erm, a little strange. If you want something that imitates life, you're out of luck. If you want something that lets you make crazyfull decisions, any moral-based game will do. If you want one that lets you go nuts and pretend you're something you're not (i.e. Sims), try Second Life? But don't, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I've heard of that one... I heard it wasn't too good! I'll check it out some time.
    Oh yeah! And it took me a while, but I found 5 people who have played portal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really! Well. Any of them heard of Portal 2?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of them has, the others I dunno about... BUT I SURE HAVE! Dude, you've got me hooked. I can't wait till fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KNOW!

    A few places you MIGHT not have seen:

    http://www.thinkwithportals.com/

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_2

    http://gameinformer.com/mag/portal2.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have I ever mentioned that I love you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahahah. No, but I ♥ you too. Haha.

    Quick note: Which wins? Cake? Or Pie?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before... just not for a VERY long time!

    That's a super hard one. Perhaps pie has more of a variety? Hmmmmmm. We'll have to debate this further.

    ReplyDelete
  11. veryveryvery long time. veryveryveryVERY long time.

    Personally, I prefer Cake, but that's a taste preference. Amazingness/nerdyness preference? Let's look:

    Portal=Cake.
    The Misadventure of P.B. Winterbottom=Pie.

    You tell me. But BEFORE you just blindly rush toward Portal, look at TMPBW. TIME MANIPULATION!!!

    ReplyDelete