Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Secret

I want to tell Brianna. I really do. But... it's a huge thing. It might not seem huge to those people who already know but it's not like that matters anyway. What do they know? After my secret got around my little group of "friends" last time, I am so afraid. I get so angry when I think about it. I tell them about this huge, horrible part of my life, and they just make jokes and tell me that it's not that big of a deal, and that I should stop blaming things on it. They say that nobody even pays attention to it, and that I'm just making excuses about it. Some old friends and even their parents went to far as to say that what I have doesn't even exist, and that the only reason we have this problem is because of our "untrue faith," and because my mother (who is amazing, by the way) didn't do a good enough job of raising me. Ugh. Suburbs. The worst part is, it got inside my head, and made my situation even worse. Ugh. 8th grade. Maybe they should educate themselves before trying to tell me all about myself. You DO NOT tell a medical professor which kind of medicine does or does not work. You DO NOT tell me how to live my life. Not anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about, but I'm glad you realize that anyone who is worth your time wouldn't make comments like that or try to control your life. I hope your new friends understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both you guys... It's good to know I'm not alone in all of this.

    ReplyDelete